Sunday, March 3, 2013

Reuniting with Rui!

Hi everyone!

Sorry for the short hiatus. Things are REALLY super busy as my senior seminar project is due in just one month! WAH! *insert mini freak out here* By today next month, Gabbi and I will officially be done with our book and impending published authors!

Anyways, the real point of this blog is to quickly update on a pretty awesome thing that happened this past week:

MY FRIEND RUI CAME BACK TO AMERICA!!

Look!! It's Rui!!! :)


Even though it was only for a few days, it was still so nice to see her and catch up with her.  Now, I've spoken about Rui before on my blog, most notably as my Japanese friend who came home with me for Thanksgiving during my junior year.  When I left to go abroad, Rui left to go back to Japan.  We have corresponded a few times, mostly via Facebook, and have also been able to Skype once.  Other than that, it's been difficult for Rui and me to stay in touch, mostly because of the humongous time difference between here and Japan.  So, it has been about a year since I have seen Rui in person.

During her break from school, Rui decided to pay a visit to Boston and then to us up in Burlington! I cannot express how wonderful it was to see and bond with an old friend!!  My schedule was very busy last week, so our hangouts were mostly limited to my townhouse, but it was awesome nevertheless.  We bonded over my making ramen for the first time (yes... I am a college student), catching up on our lives since we left each other, and having fun with smartphone apps like Line and Snapchat that can help us stay connected even better while miles and miles away from each other.

When it came time for Rui to leave, the second good-bye proved even harder than the first.  However, I realized later when I received a Snapchat from Rui from Japan, that it wasn't a good-bye, but rather a "see you later."  Hopefully, I will be able to visit Rui in Japan someday (as well as all of the other Japanese friends I have made over the last few years)!  St. Mike's is awesome because I have been given the opportunity to make not only great American friends, but amazing international friends as well.  Every time I speak to them, I learn something new, and that, for me, is awesome.

If you have any questions about my life at St. Mike's, please do not hesitate to email me (emurray@mail.smcvt.edu), Tweet me (@LizMurraySMC) or ask me a question on Formspring (lizmurray3).

Ciao ~~ xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment