Thursday, February 2, 2012

Some Florence Inspiration

So, I have begun my participation in a volunteer program where I am writing for The Florence Newspaper.  I am required to come up with my own story ideas and produce at least two articles (400-500 words) per week.  The problem is I just got to Florence, so I am only beginning to learn about it.  I have been researching like crazy to try to come up with two original story ideas for this week so I can try to write and send them with the limited internet I have before I reach deadline.  (Sending in articles early makes it easier for the editor in chief to edit all stories before issues come out on Fridays.)  As the woman I met with (who is almost as new to Florence as I am) told me, this is the best way to discover the city.  I am truly looking forward to discovering the city through the lenses of both a journalist and a student during my time here.

Through my research, I found an article written by a former study abroad student about her experiences in Florence.  This is one thing I will use as inspiration in my discovery of the city - not just to appreciate the big things, but to notice the little, quirky things as well.  Here is the link to the article.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

A bird's-eye view of Florence! Che bellisimo!

No comments:

Post a Comment