Monday, November 12, 2012

Thanksgiving Excitement!

Hello!

A week from tomorrow, I will be heading home for Thanksgiving break.  This will be my first time home from school since the year has started, and I CAN'T WAIT!  This will be a very needed break since my classes are becoming much busier with the final fall semester push.  Within the next few weeks, I have my MJD senior seminar proposal due, my History senior thesis due, a thesis presentation, and a final archival research paper due.  Hopefully, I can come back from break all charged and ready to take on the last few weeks!

I got to spend Thanksgiving last year with my friend Rui from Japan!! We made hand turkeys!! 

In an attempt to keep my spirits high while I trudge through my massive pile of work, here are some things I'm looking forward to during Thanksgiving break:

1. Home-cooked food – Though learning how to cook in my townhouse this year is fun, I've gotten rather lazy during the past week or two and have visited Alliot more than I would have liked.  Alliot food is good for the most part, but nothing beats a home-cooked meal. I can already taste the turkey and stuffing!

2. And did I mention, apple pie? Yes, folks, that's right. I am REALLY looking forward to apple pie.  Every year, my family and I make several apple pies from scratch.  We have it down to a science now, with an assembly line-fashion preparation: I peel the apples; my sister Katie cuts the apples up; my brother John makes the special mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg etc. that goes with the apples; and my Mom makes the crust.  It is absolutely delicious, and the house smells like pie for days.  I. Can't. Wait.

Yum! Homemade apple pie! 

3. Family and Friends – Since I haven't seen most of my family members or friends from home since I was dropped off in August, it will be really nice to see them all again.  I even have one friend with a countdown on his phone to mark when I will be coming home! I am so excited at the prospect of sleepovers, bowling matches and movie nights.

4. A break from studies – And, boy do I need it... Senior year is great, but there is so much to do in so little time!

5. Turkey Tap! My tap teacher from high school has invited several of her "former" students (well... we're still kind of her students) to gather during break to tap all together! I love any opportunity to tap with my teacher and fellow tap friends. I always end up learning so many new things!

When I come back from break, my roommates and I will be ready to start celebrating Christmas! We have already had Christmas music playing in our house even though it's still more than a month away.  We're obsessed with Christmas, but we're ok with it! :)

If you have any questions about my experience as a student at St. Michael's College, do not hesitate to email me (emurray@mail.smcvt.edu), Tweet me (@LizMurraySMC) or ask me a question on Formspring (lizmurray3).

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment